Recipe by Obsidian468
I invented this recipe when my first cucumbers ripened in my garden. It was designed around using homegrown, organic produce. As a starting point, I checked this site for cucumber salad recipes. Nearly all of them used both sour cream and dill weed. I didn't have any sour cream or dill weed on hand, so I improvised with what I did have on hand, and it turned out great! It's also probably healthier because of the lack of sour cream
- 3 medium cucumbers (homegrown preferred)
- 3 medium green bell peppers (homegrown preferred)
- 1 single serving Greek yogurt (plain)
- 3 tablespoons stevia (sugar replacement)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- italian seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except cucumbers and green peppers in a bowl. Add Italian seasoning to taste. Mix until well blended and smooth.
- Slice cucumbers into thin slices and discard (or just eat and enjoy) the heels.
- Slice green peppers into 1/4" x 1/2" pieces, discarding seeds and stems.
- Mix everything together until well coated, and enjoy!