Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I adapted this recipe from my friend Janet's
Make and share this Italian Style Cheesesteak Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- 12 hoagie rolls
- 1⁄2 cup garlic butter
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- 1 cup onion
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- zesty Italian dressing
- 1 lb thin sliced sandwich steak
- Marinate steaks in italian dressing for 6-24 hours.
- Stir fry steak until all the pink is gone, but not too long or it will be tough.
- Put onions and peppers into a seperate skillet with brown sugar and vinegar until soft and caramizled.
- spread garlic butter onto rolls and lay cheese over butter bake about ten minutes until cheese is bublbly and then stack them up!
Definitely 5 stars! The aroma alone is TDF! Delish! I appreciate that the ingredients are ones that I have on hand. Easy peasy. I used plain butter for the bun, put the buns in a 350 degree oven.
Very good Cheesesteak Sandwich. I used beef fast fry steaks diced. Everything else went together great. Made for My 3 Chefs 09