Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the back of the Mozzarella Cheese bag...
Make and share this Italian Spinach Bake recipe from Food.com.
- 16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (16 ounce) carton ricotta cheese
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, ricotta, bread crumbs, eggs, mushrooms, and green peppers.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9 x 12 baking dish and spread sour cream over top.
- Pour on a layer of spaghetti sauce using most but not all of the spaghetti sauce.
- Cover with a layer of mozzarella cheese.
- Spread remaining sauce, basil, and oregano over the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
- MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: Prepare mixture of ingredients in a microwave dish with cover and place in microwave on high setting for 12 - 15 minutes or until bubbling and hot.