1/1 Photo of Italian Sausage Soup
This is a recipe from Paula Deen. It is one of her family's favorite soups.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, minced
- 1 cup carrot, minced
- 3 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic
- 1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can great northern beans, drained
- 2 cups ditalini
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1In large Dutch oven, cook sausage, onion, celery and carrot over medium-high heat until sausage is browned and crumbles.
- 2Drain well.
- 3Stir in broth, tomatoes and beans; bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- 4Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 5Add pasta; simmer for 8-10 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
- 6Stir in salt and pepper.
- 7Serve immediately.
- 8Note: Soup can be frozen for up to 1 month.
- 9Thaw in refrigerator before reheating.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sausage Soup
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.3
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 18.5 mg
- Sodium 1790.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 25.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic