Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
So easy & super delicious! Really like the Italian sausage... it adds great flavor. Modified recipe from Johnsonville Sausage
- 12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) packageitalian ground sausage
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (24 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 4 cups cottage cheese or 4 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- 2 cups chopped spinach (frozen or fresh)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente. Drain, lightly oil and set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan cook the sausage until no longer pink. Add onion and garlic and continue cooking for another 4 minutes.
- Add marinara sauce to the sausage mixture and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, blend cottage or ricotta cheese, egg, ¼ cup of the cheese blend and the chopped spinach; set aside.
- Coat a 9x13” baking dish with olive oil and spread 1 cup of the sauce mixture on the bottom.
- Top with 3 lasagna noodles. Spread ¼ of the cottage or ricotta cheese mixture on the noodles and layer on 1 cup of the sauce mixture. Sprinkle ½ cup cheese blend. Repeat this process three more times starting with the noodles and finish with the remaining ¼ cup of cheese blend. Sprinkle with oregano on top.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes until hot and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.