1/1 Photo of Italian Sausage Lasagna
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Aunt Sukki's Note:
So easy & super delicious! Really like the Italian sausage... it adds great flavor. Modified recipe from Johnsonville Sausage
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) package italian ground sausage
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (24 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 4 cups cottage cheese or 4 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- 2 cups chopped spinach (frozen or fresh)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente. Drain, lightly oil and set aside.
- 2In a medium sauce pan cook the sausage until no longer pink. Add onion and garlic and continue cooking for another 4 minutes.
- 3Add marinara sauce to the sausage mixture and set aside.
- 4In a medium bowl, blend cottage or ricotta cheese, egg, ¼ cup of the cheese blend and the chopped spinach; set aside.
- 5Coat a 9x13” baking dish with olive oil and spread 1 cup of the sauce mixture on the bottom.
- 6Top with 3 lasagna noodles. Spread ¼ of the cottage or ricotta cheese mixture on the noodles and layer on 1 cup of the sauce mixture. Sprinkle ½ cup cheese blend. Repeat this process three more times starting with the noodles and finish with the remaining ¼ cup of cheese blend. Sprinkle with oregano on top.
- 7Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes until hot and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sausage Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (432 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 711.2
- Calories from Fat 320
- Total Fat 35.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 111.8 mg
- Sodium 1540.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 17.1 g
- Protein 36.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Italian cheese blend