Triple Cheesy -Saucy-Sausage Lasagna
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 16 lasagna noodles, from a 16 oz. package (I use Barilla)
- 1 onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage link, casings removed,crumbled
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 (26 ounce) jar marinara sauce (I use my mother's homemade recipe)
- 1 (32 ounce) container whole milk ricotta cheese (I use Polly-O)
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded whole-milk mozzarella cheese (I use Polly-O)
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- Cook the noodles according to the package instructions; drain.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, cook the onion and sausage until the sausage is no longer pink, 6-8 minutes; drain the fat.
- Reduce the heat to medium; stir in the tomato paste, 1/2 tsp.
- salt, 1/2 tsp.
- garlic powder, 1/2 tsp.
- Italian seasoning, and 1/4 tsp.
- Add the milk; cook, stirring, until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce; stir the remainder into the skillet.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Combine the ricotta cheese, 1 cup of the mozzarella, Parmesan cheese, egg, and the remaining salt, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and pepper.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the reserved marinara sauce in the bottom of an ungreased 13x9" baking dish; top with 4 whole noodles, 1/3 of the cheese mixture, and 1/3 of the sausage mixture.
- Repeat twice, ending with the noodles; top with the remaining sauce and sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella.
- Cover the pan with foil.
- **(At this point, I usually like to refrigerate the lasagna for about 1 hour to let the flavors blend--if you choose to do it this way, preheat the oven when you're ready to bake.)** Bake until bubbly, 40 minutes; uncover the pan and bake 5-10 minutes longer.
- Serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!