Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my favorite salad and dressing. Use as much or as little of the artichokes and black olives as you prefer. I don't use the entire can of either. Marzetti's Sweet Italian dressing is found in the refrigerated case of the produce section.
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 15 ounces small black olives, drained
- 15 ounces artichokes, drained well and chopped
- 10 -15 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced into strips
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts, toasted and cooled
- sweet Italian dressing, to taste (Marzetti's Sweet Italian)
- Pour some ice-cold water over the shallots to mellow the flavor. Drain and pat dry.
- Place all ingredients together in a large bowl and toss gently to combine (this can be done a couple hours ahead of time).
- Dress with Marzetti's Sweet Italian dressing, to taste, and serve immediately.