Recipe by Pinay0618
There are very few products that I'm brand-loyal to, but Friendship Dairies makes some wonderful, health-beneficial cottage cheese.
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 2 cups friendship 1% low fat cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup raw sugar (or 1/4 cup splenda and 1/4 cup sugar)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup arborio rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Stir in ½ cup Arborio rice (white, short grain). Cook covered over very low heat about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly (if any water remains, pour it off).
- Mix all ingredients in bowl until smooth. Pour into a 9” round cake pan or an 8” x 8” square pan, sprayed with cooking spray. Stir in the cooked rice until evenly spread throughout. Liberally sprinkle the entire top with cinnamon. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until center is just about set. Serve warm or cold. Store any remaining pudding in the refrigerator, covered.