Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Chicken Flamingo Pasta House Co. (Local Italian Restaurant Chain) One Serving
- 1 ounce frozen broccoli
- 2 ounces mushrooms, freshly sliced
- 1 pinch red pepper, crushed
- 4 ounces white wine
- 4 ounces lemon juice
- 4 ounces butter
- 2 ounces seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 ounce olive oil
- 1⁄4 ounce prosciutto
- 1 ounce mixed cheese (Parmesan, provolone, mozzarella - grind & mix)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh garlic, ground
- 6 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Lightly coat the chicken breast with olive oil, coat with Italian bread crumbs.
- cook on open grill until plump and tender.
- top with cheese blend until melted then with the following sauce: In saute pan, add the wine/lemon/butter mix, prosciutto, garlic and red pepper over medium heat. Bring to a boil, and add broccoli and mushrooms.
- Pour over chicken breast with a slotted spoon, then with a spatula.
- Do not overpower with the Sauce!!! The sauce should enhance, not smother the chicken.
- Add a side of white or red pas ta (cavatelli) and a vegetable of choice.
way,way,way,to much lemon! I made enough for 2 portions of sauce and only used one lemon. had I followed the directions I would have used about six. I also added a little chicken stock and it turned out great. Side note--- if you are cooking your chicken in a pan, as I do, you will need to bread the chicken with flour and egg as well as the bread crumbs or it will be a muchy mess in the pan.
This was way too sour. 4 oz = 1/2 a cup. Does any recipe really need that much lemon juice? It actually turned the broccoli brown. We threw it out.
The measurements for the ingredients are not specific enough, not enough direction to make this as good as it could be (for someone who isn't inclined to cook, like myself). I am sure my husband who cooks could make this work, but there needs to be more detail and correct measurements.