- Ready In:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, butterflied open and then cut in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 lemon
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 -3 slices prosciutto (optional)
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 4 ounces Italian cheese blend
- Bread the chicken by dipping fillets in flour first, then egg, then bread crumbs.
- Heat olive oil in saute pan over medium heat. You want chicken to sizzle slightly when you place it in the pan. If the oil is to hot you will burn the breading before the chicken is done.once the chicken is in the oil do not move it until it naturally stops sticking to the pan and is ready to turn. About 4 or 5 minutes. Moving the chicken to soon will interfear with the browning of the breadcrumbs. turn chicken and cook another few minutes or until done.
- Transfer chicken to a covered dish and sprinkle with cheese.
- FOR SAUCE- in a medium bowl add stock, wine, lemon juice, garlic, and pepper then set aside.
- melt butter in a saute pan and add the 2tbl flour and wisk together to make a paste.
- Slowly add in sauce mixture while stirring to prevent lumps. bring it to a boil then reduce heat and let simmer a few minutes.
- once sauce thickens remove from heat and stir in the mushrooms. pour over chicken and serve.
- If desired you can cook the prosciutto until crispy and then crumble it over the chicken before adding sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!