1/2 Photos of Italian Potatoes Au Gratin
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 5 mins
Sierra Silver's Note:
A nice alternative to your typical potatoes au gratin. The cubing of potatoes helps to bake this dish cohesively.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 lb Italian turkey sausage
- 4 zucchini, cubed
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup romano cheese, shredded
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1In a large skillet, sauté sausage, zucchini, bell pepper, onions, and garlic until softened; drain. Add cubed potatoes.
- 2In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- 3Add flour; stir while cooking, 1-2 minutes.
- 4Whisk in milk and spices.
- 5Stir in cheeses, one cup at a time.
- 6Add sauce to potatoes and vegetables; stir to mix evenly.
- 7Pour into 13x9-inch dish. (Preheat oven to 350.).
- 8Bake casserole 45-50 minutes or until potatoes are tender and dish is bubbling and lightly brown on top.
- 9Remove from oven, top with parmesan cheese, and bake additional 20-22 minutes.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Potatoes Au Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (487 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 697.7
- Calories from Fat 334
- Total Fat 37.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.5 g
- Cholesterol 139.3 mg
- Sodium 2296.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 41.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: