Recipe by Sky Valley Cook
A tender roast with a lot of flavor from garlic, tomatoes, herbs, and red wine.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chuck roast
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil in oven proof casserole dish or pan.
- Rub roast with salt and pepper and brown in preheated casserole dish or pan.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cover tightly and cook for 3 hours in preheated oven.
- Baste occasionally during cooking, add water to maintain moisture if needed.
- Remove roast from pan, place on dish, cover and keep warm.
- Strain juices and use sauce for roast, if desired.