1/1 Photo of Italian Pistachio Cookies (Gluten/Grain/Sugar-Free)
Chef #2277039's Note:
This is a wonderful recipe I created that is not only free of grains but also sugar and gluten! - via www.GastroChef.org
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325°C.
- 2In a food processor or blender, blend 1 cup of hulled pistachio nuts until it has been ground into a fine flour similar to the consistency of almond flour.
- 3Combine almond and pistachio flours and egg whites and mix well.
- 4Gently warm ¼ cup of unpasteurized honey on low to make it easy to mix and stir into almond pistachio mix.
- 5At this step if you find your mix is far too wet add more pistachio or almond flour ¼ cup or less at a time. You don’t want the mix too dry though, it should remain fairly moist, if you add too much flour you will need to balance this out with another egg white.
- 6On parchment paper, spread out 1-2 cups of chopped pistachios or other nut preference.
- 7Using a spoon, scoop out 1-2 inch balls and roll them into the chopped pistachios until fully coated.
- 8Flatten balls slightly with a fork and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- 9Allow cookies to bake longer if you find the cookies too soft to the touch.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Pistachio Cookies (Gluten/Grain/Sugar-Free)
Serving Size: 1 (523 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 83.8
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: