Recipe by gastrochef101
This is a wonderful recipe I created that is not only free of grains but also sugar and gluten! - via www.GastroChef.org
- 236.59 ml almond flour
- 354.88 ml pistachio flour (fresh ground pistachios)
- 59.14 ml honey (unpasteurized)
- 354.88 ml pistachios, hulled & chopped
- 2 egg whites
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°C.
- In a food processor or blender, blend 1 cup of hulled pistachio nuts until it has been ground into a fine flour similar to the consistency of almond flour.
- Combine almond and pistachio flours and egg whites and mix well.
- Gently warm ¼ cup of unpasteurized honey on low to make it easy to mix and stir into almond pistachio mix.
- At this step if you find your mix is far too wet add more pistachio or almond flour ¼ cup or less at a time. You don’t want the mix too dry though, it should remain fairly moist, if you add too much flour you will need to balance this out with another egg white.
- On parchment paper, spread out 1-2 cups of chopped pistachios or other nut preference.
- Using a spoon, scoop out 1-2 inch balls and roll them into the chopped pistachios until fully coated.
- Flatten balls slightly with a fork and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Allow cookies to bake longer if you find the cookies too soft to the touch.