Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
My family enjoys this simple but delicious meal. Recipe is from Simple & Delicious.
Make and share this Italian Patty Melts recipe from Food.com.
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup spaghetti sauce, divided
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 slices Italian bread
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- In large bowl, combine the egg, 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce, bread crumbs and pepper.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into four oval patties; set aside.
- Combine butter and seasonings; brush over both sides of bread.
- In large skillet, toast bread until lightly browned; set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook patties over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Spoon remaining sauce over patties; sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and cook 1 minute or until cheese is melted.
- Place burgers on four slices of toast; top with remaining toast.