Recipe by Tykayles
This pasta recipe goes with my daughter's Classic Alfredo Sauce. It's such a treat to have fresh homemade pasta. We have fun making this pasta when time permits.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 -4 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir the flours and salt in a large bowl and make a well.
- Break an egg into the well and work it into the flour with your hands. Add 1 egg at a time and continue to mix.
- Add the oil and just enough water so that the dough becomes moist enough to hold together (start with 2 tbsps and add remaining in 1 tsp portions).
- Knead the dough for 10 minutes. Form into a ball and place it in a plastic bag and let it rest for 1 hour.
- Roll the dough and cut into strips or shapes. Dredge or sprinkle with flour.
- Bring a large quantity of water to boil. Add 1 tsp oil to prevent the pasta from sticking together. Add the pasta and cook, partially covered until tender (8-10 minutes).
- Drain through a colander or strainer and serve immediately.