1/1 Photo of Italian Meatball Soup
This recipe is from The Pampered Chef 29 Minutes to Dinner Cookbook. In the recipe its calls for 1 Tbsp of Italian Seasoning Mix (its a PC seasoning). Have not tried it yet, but it sounds good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 small onion
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning mix
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes in puree
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 16 fully frozen cooked meatballs
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
For Ciabatta Croutons
- 6 ounces ciabatta or 6 ounces other crusty Italian bread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1Peel carrots with vegetable peeler. Finely chop carrots, celery and onions.
- 2Lightly spray pot(4qt) with oil and add carrots, celery and onion. Cook over medium heat 4-5 minutes or until vegetables begin to brown, stirring occasionally.
- 3Push vegetables to one side of pot. Add tomato paste; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until paste begins to caramelize.
- 4Add pressed garlic and seasoning; mix well. Stir in tomatoes; broth and water; bring to a simmer.
- 5Cut meatballs in half; add to soup. Simmer an additional 10-12 minutes; season to taste with salt and black pepper. Serve hot and garnish with Ciabatta Croutons.
- 6Ciabatta Croutons:.
- 7Pre heat Oven to 425 degrees. Slice loaf into 1 inch cubes. Toss cubes with olive oil and arrange in an even layer on pan. Bake 12-14minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Meatball Soup
Serving Size: 1 (565 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 133.7
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.3 mg
- Sodium 651.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: