Recipe by Buddahamon
A mild flavorful fish dish to serve for any occasion !
Top Review by AcadiaTwo
I thought this recipe was delicious! I thought I had defrosted trout when in fact it was red snapper filets. So I used the recipe anyway. The other change is I used dried lemon peel and lemon juice out of a plastic lemon. Still with those changes, it was a fantastic recipe. Made for Honor Thy Mother - Diabetic tag.
- 4 trout fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, zest of, & sliced into rings
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 500°.
- In a bowl mix olive oil, minced garlic, basil and parmesan cheese and set aside.
- Cover a cookie sheet with tinfoil (for easy clean up).
- Spray covered cookie sheet with non stick stray so fish will not stick.
- Place trout fillets (skin side down) on covered cookie sheet about 1 inch apart.
- Spoon mixture you reserved in bowl over fish. About 1 tablespoon full spreading evenly over fish.
- Place a couple of lemon slice over top of mixture on fish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- No need to add salt as Parmesan will add salt to recipe.
- Wonderful served with a side salad or pasta.