Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
The Italian Inn was my favorite restaurant in Tulsa, OK. It closed after over 40 years in business. This popular recipe was a favorite at the Inn. From the Italian Inn Cookbook.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped fine or 1 teaspoon dry basil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pint raw crabmeat, picked over for shells
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled, deveined, tail off
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus more for sprinkling on top-no green can cheese
- fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta
- Melt butter in large skillet. Saute shallots and scallions until soft. Add Worcestershire sauce, basil, salt & pepper.
- Add shrimp and crab meat. Stir until shrimp are pink.
- Add sour cream, heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, and heat thoroughly; do not boil.
- Fold the sauce into the fettuccini, which has been boiled to al dente in salted water, and drained.
- Sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan cheese.
Excellent. Very easy to put together and very tasty. I used frozen cooked shrimp, imitation crab (all I had on hand) and I added some mushrooms. Everyone loved it. Thanks for posting!