Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This came with my new Oster bread machine and I know it's a recipe I'll use often. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 teaspoon dried garlic flakes
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- All ingredients should be at room temperature.
- Add ingredients as your bread machine directs or:.
- Add all liquid ingredients to bread pan.
- Add all dry ingredients except yeast to bread pan.
- Make a well in dry ingredients and carefully add yeast.
- Choose the "French" bread setting.
- Choose your crust color, if applicable.
- Press Start!
Got pasta for dinner? Need bread? Here you go.
This is perfect: taste, appearance, texture all very good. I made half a recipe into 2 small baguettes, baked in oven for about 30 minutes. They came out looking really nice. I subbed Italian seasoning for the basil, added a little more Parmesan. Karen, this is a KEEPER! Thanks for sharing . . . Janet
This turned out great! I didn't have onion flakes, so I used onion powder, added oregano, and only had about 3/4 the amount of Parmesan needed but it still was delicious.
I just made this and loved it for the most part! I did not have the onion flakes on hand and only had some pre-packaged grated parmesan cheese so I don't think my loaf had the full flavor that this would have brought with the onion and fresh grated parmesan, but was still quite tasty. I also added a little hand crushed dried rosemary and I thought that added to the combination so next time I will have the onion, fresh parm and the rosemary to make an outstanding loaf of bread!