1/1 Photo of Italian Herb Chicken Penne
E. Nigma's Note:
Just made it up tonight, and it's all gone now, so I thought I'd post it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 3 ounces wild mushrooms, chopped
- 0.5 (7 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 4 ounces penne, cooked
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Mix the chicken in a bowl with the oregano, basil, salt, and pepper.
- 2Sauté in the olive oil over medium-high heat until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
- 3Melt the butter in the same pan and sauté the shallot until translucent, then add the mushrooms and sauté for a few minutes.
- 4Reduce heat to medium-low and add the tomatoes, sugar, and penne, stirring well.
- 5Cook the mixture down for a few minutes, then add the mozzarella and 1 tablespoon of the parmesan and stir.
- 6Correct the seasoning (salt and pepper) to taste, and serve topped with remaining parmesan.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Herb Chicken Penne
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 945.2
- Calories from Fat 346
- Total Fat 38.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 129.8 mg
- Sodium 1293.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 104.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.0 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 49.6 g