Just made it up tonight, and it's all gone now, so I thought I'd post it!
Make and share this Italian Herb Chicken Penne recipe from Food.com.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 3 ounces wild mushrooms, chopped
- 0.5 (7 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 4 ounces penne, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Mix the chicken in a bowl with the oregano, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Sauté in the olive oil over medium-high heat until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Melt the butter in the same pan and sauté the shallot until translucent, then add the mushrooms and sauté for a few minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add the tomatoes, sugar, and penne, stirring well.
- Cook the mixture down for a few minutes, then add the mozzarella and 1 tablespoon of the parmesan and stir.
- Correct the seasoning (salt and pepper) to taste, and serve topped with remaining parmesan.