Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
A great use for leftover mashed potatoes
Make and share this Italian Flatbread recipe from Food.com.
- Combine potatoes and warm water.
- Stir in honey and yeast.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
- Stir in one cup of flour.
- Blend in salt and oil.
- Beat in remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- Knead until smooth and elastic.
- Allow to rise one hour.
- Punch down and add flour if sticky.
- Rest 10 minutes.
- Roll dough into 12X15 rectangle.
- Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Poke holes in dough.
- Combine oil and garlic for topping.
- Brush over bread.
- Combine rest of ingredients.
- Sprinkle over dough.
- Let dough rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 450* for 15 minutes.
Wonderful bread for an Italian meal. Loved all the spices in the topping. Easy to do but such a great bread. Served with roasted lemon herb shrimp and spaghetti.
Easy and delicious! A great last minute addition to dinner. I was lazy and omitted the green onions. BTW, I keep one cup portions of leftover mashed potatoes in the freezer to use for potato breads. Works great. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Wow, this bread was DELICIOUS! I am a sucker for making my own bread, and this has become one of my new favorites. I usually am not the first to try recipes on here, but was searching for a good recipe using my leftover mashed potatoes from Thanksgiving, and am so glad I tried this one!! I pretty much stuck to the recipe exactly, except used 1/3 CUP green onion rather than 1/3 green onion (don't know if that was intentional on the authors part but 1/3 cup worked great). This is definitely a new keeper for my leftover mashed potatoes! That is, when I have the time to make it...