Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Never buy jar sauce again! This is easy to prepare and freezes well. Keep a pint or two in the freezer and you will be prepared. Use this sauce whenever the recipe calls for spaghetti sauce. Recipe comes from Make a Mix Cookery.
- 2 (822.13 g) can diced tomatoes, pureed
- 4 (907.18 g) can tomato sauce
- 473.18 ml water
- 2 (340.19 g) can tomato paste
- 29.58 ml instant minced onion
- 29.58 ml parsley flakes
- 14.78 ml salt
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 19.71 ml green pepper flakes
- 4.92-9.85 ml instant minced garlic
- 14.78 ml sugar
- 7.39 ml italian seasoning
- Combine all ingredients in large stockpot.
- Simmer 15 minutes over medium-low heat; cool.
- Pour into six 1-pint freezer containers, leaving 1/2 inch space at top.
- Seal and label containers; freeze.
- Use within 6 months.
This is so easy to do and tastes great. I'll do it again. No need to buy spaghetti sauce jar. And that way I can omit the salt for DH. I used 1 tsp of red pepper flakes. Thanks Paula. Made for Gimme 5 tag game
Great recipe for canning...this will come in real handy on those nights that I just don't want to have to work to hard in the kitchen...just put on some groud beef, pull this out of the freezer and I will have wonderful homemade spaghetti and everyone will be impressed...it didn't come from a Jar!!!!
really good i liked this.dee