" A twist on a bread bowl salad, crunchy greens and toppings are piled high on a cheesy pizza plate." From the 2008 Pillsbury bake-off.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- cornmeal, if desired (optional)
- 3 ounces pancetta, thickly sliced and chopped
- 5 cups iceberg lettuce, chopped (or romaine)
- 1 1/2 cups diced skinned rotisserie cooked chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup cubed fresh mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 pillsbury refrigerated pizza dough
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup asiago cheese, shredded
- 1/2-3/4 cup red wine vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup gorgonzola, crumbled (optional)
- 1Heat oven to 425º. Lightly brush a cookie sheet with 1 tbsp of oil. Sprinkle with cornmeal if desired.
- 2In an 8" skillet, cook pancetta over med-high heat until crisp. Drain.
- 3In a large bowl mix lettuce, chicken, mozzarella, both tomatoes, basil and pancetta.
- 4Unroll pizza crust dough and cut into 4 rectangles using pizza cutter. Place them on cookie sheet and press each one into an 8x6 oval, folding over edges of dough to form a rim.
- 5Brush remaining oil over dough ovals, sprinkle evenly with Italian seasoning and asiago cheese. Bake 11-13 or until crust is golden and cheese is melted.
- 6Pour dressing over salad and toss to mix. Mound about 2 cups of salad onto each crust. If desired, sprinkle with gorgonzola and fresh basil.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Chopped Salad Pizzas
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.9
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 60.6 mg
- Sodium 196.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 21.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red wine vinaigrette