Prep 40 mins
Cook 13 mins
" A twist on a bread bowl salad, crunchy greens and toppings are piled high on a cheesy pizza plate." From the 2008 Pillsbury bake-off.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- cornmeal, if desired (optional)
- 3 ounces pancetta, thickly sliced and chopped
- 5 cups iceberg lettuce, chopped (or romaine)
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced skinned rotisserie cooked chicken breasts
- 3⁄4 cup cubed fresh mozzarella cheese
- 3⁄4 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 pillsbury refrigerated pizza dough
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup asiago cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup red wine vinaigrette
- 1⁄4 cup gorgonzola, crumbled (optional)
- Heat oven to 425º. Lightly brush a cookie sheet with 1 tbsp of oil. Sprinkle with cornmeal if desired.
- In an 8" skillet, cook pancetta over med-high heat until crisp. Drain.
- In a large bowl mix lettuce, chicken, mozzarella, both tomatoes, basil and pancetta.
- Unroll pizza crust dough and cut into 4 rectangles using pizza cutter. Place them on cookie sheet and press each one into an 8x6 oval, folding over edges of dough to form a rim.
- Brush remaining oil over dough ovals, sprinkle evenly with Italian seasoning and asiago cheese. Bake 11-13 or until crust is golden and cheese is melted.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to mix. Mound about 2 cups of salad onto each crust. If desired, sprinkle with gorgonzola and fresh basil.
Incredible! My whole family LOVED this and none of them are salad lovers. What a great way to get them to eat their greens. I've only had the recipe a week and so far I've made it twice; it's that good!