Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This was one of my contributions for th e Italian category for the Zaar World Tour. I haven't made it yet but it sounds interesting and different. Courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis.
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups finely chopped romaine lettuce (from 1/2 head)
- 2 cups finely chopped radicchio (from 1/2 large head)
- 1⁄2 cup drained canned white beans, rinsed and patted dry
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped
- Whisk the vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper in a large bowl to blend. Gradually whisk in the oil to blend. Add the lettuce, radicchio, beans, and sun-dried tomatoes. Toss to coat. Season the salad, to taste, with more salt and pepper, and s.
I have not used this recipe. I mixed it up with another one. It does sound delicious since everything including the light dressing is prepared just before serving. Chef Claire