Recipe by Little Bee
This is a very simple and delicious weeknight dinner to prepare! Serve with some good garlic bread.
Top Review by Evie*
This is superb, so easy to make so nice to look at and so delicious to eat. I used frozen spinach and Dolmios garden vegetable spaghetti sauce, this is a definite gourmet meal, thank you for sharing. :)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce (whichever brand you prefer)
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375' Sprinkle chicken breasts with garlic powder and brown in oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat about 3 minutes per side.
- While chicken is browning, rinse spinach and tear into smaller pieces.
- Put in microwave-safe bowl, cook on High with 1 tablespoon water for 3 minutes.
- Mix in ricotta cheese and seasonings.
- Place a thin layer of pasta sauce in bottom of 2-qt.
- baking dish.
- Place chicken breasts on top.
- Spoon one fourth of ricotta cheese mixture on top of each chicken breast.
- Spoon 1 Tbsp. of sauce on top of ricotta cheese mixture.
- Place slices of mozzarella cheese on top of sauce.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, cook pasta according to package directions and serve with rest of heated pasta sauce.