Recipe by mailbelle
This baked chicken has a topping mixture made of Parmesan cheese, ranch dip, spices and bread crumbs and it's then topped with a chopped tomato mixture and more Parmesan cheese after baking. ***NOTE: The ingredients list should also include 2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided, and 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes but the new site would never accept either (kept putting amount as 0).
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dip
- red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 1/2 to 2 pounds)
- 4 tablespoons Italian bread, crumbs
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan, ranch dip, 2 tablespoons parsley, 1 teaspoon garlic and pepper flakes.
- Place chicken breasts, smooth side up, in greased or foil-lined baking dish. Spoon dip mixture on chicken breasts; spread to edges with back of spoon.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon bread crumbs evenly over each chicken breast, pressing lightly into dip mixture. Bake 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons parsley, 1 teaspoon garlic, tomatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper. Spoon tomatoes over chicken and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.