1/1 Photo of Italian Chicken and Peppers
A welcome change from traditional spaghetti and meatballs! I got this recipe from Campbell's website, and made some of my own changes, which are listed below. This is a big hit with my family and have been asked to make it often. I have occasionally substituted the chicken with sausage and it came out just as great!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into strips
- 1 -2 medium onion, chopped (depending on preference)
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced (depending on preference)
- 2 (4 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 (26 -28 ounce) jar prego traditional Italian sauce (you can use any kind you have on hand)
- 6 cups cooked whole wheat spaghetti
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch oregano
- 1 pinch sweet basil
- 1 pinch parsley flakes
- 1Sauté peppers, onions, mushrooms and garlic in a large skillet until the peppers are slightly tender.
- 2Remove vegetables from skillet and set aside.
- 3Add vegetable oil to warm skillet. Place cubed chicken into the skillet and cook on medium heat until browned; approximately 15 minutes.
- 4Return sauteed vegetables to skillet with chicken.
- 5Add sauce to the skillet and heat through. Add salt, pepper and additional spices if needed**.
- 6Serve over cooked pasta.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Chicken and Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (475 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 512.5
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 75.1 mg
- Sodium 581.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.5 g
- Sugars 13.7 g
- Protein 33.9 g