Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I developed this recipe to serve at weddings and women's luncheons. It's easy to prepare, and utilizes just a few ingredients. I serve it with noodles or long grain and white rice.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup Wishbone Italian dressing
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup 4-cheese Italian cheese blend or 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- extra cheese
- Marinate the chicken breasts in the dressing for four hours in the refirgerator.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the coating ingredients together.
- Melt the butter in the bottom of a baking pan, then place the coated chicken breasts in the bottom of the pan.
- Cover and cook for 20 miutes.
- Uncover the chicken and cook another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and top with extra cheese and paprika.
It was good. Mine took longer to cook- an extra 15 minutes at the end. Maybe my breadcrumbs weren't the best- but I thought it needed more garlic. But definitely tender and moist chicken.
These are great - and the chicken comes out quite moist. One thing I'll change next time is the amount of lemon zest - it states zest of one lemon (but lemons come in different sizes and I'm guessing mine was a tad large - so need to figure out the exact mesurement), they were just a tad tooo tart... still really good tho. Also really quick and easy to prepare. (I marinaded overnight, because I needed them early in the day)