Recipe by Mirj
Created for the Ready Steady Cook Spring 2003 contest, this makes a dense and intense cheesecake.
Top Review by Peggy Lynn
Prepared as instructed changed nothing. Different from the traditional, but good. I always enjoy a butterscotch desert. I think this would be nice for the summertime. PeggyLynn
- 2 cups pecans
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup butter
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 (10 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- To make the crust, pulverize the pecans in the food processor.
- Add the flour and the butter and whiz around until combined.
- Press the crust into a 10 inch springform pan.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes and then remove and cool.
- Keep the oven going, but turn it up to 425 degrees F.
- To make the filling, in an electric mixer mix the ricotta cheese with the brown sugar.
- Melt the butterscotch chips in the microwave or in a double boiler.
- Add to the cheese mixture and mix on medium speed until combined.
- Add the eggs, flour and vanilla.
- Mix until just combined.
- You don't want to incorporate too much air into the cheese since that will cause the cheesecake to crack.
- Pour the filling into the crust.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, turn down the oven to 250 degrees F.
- Bake for one hour.
- Do not attempt to open the oven to peek at the cheesecake.
- After one hour, turn off the oven, and leave the cheesecake in there for an additional hour.
- Place the cheesecake in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.