Recipe by Kit_Kat
This recipe produces an amazingly tender and flavorful beef brisket. The original recipe was given to me by a butcher at a meat market, but it has evolved over the years.
- 4 lbs beef brisket
- 2 (8 ounce) cans beef gravy
- 1 (12 ounce) bottlenewman's own Italian salad dressing
- 2 (2 ounce) envelopes Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 2 (8 ounce) cans mushrooms or 1 lb fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Place brisket in a shallow roasting pan.
- Pour gravy mixture over brisket.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 300 for 4 hours. Do not unwrap foil while baking!
- Remove from oven after 4 hours and allow to stand in pan while still covered with foil for 10-20 minutes.
- Slice across the grain of the meat and serve.
- This recipe may be halved for a smaller brisket.