Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Simple chicken dish that is very easy to make with a wonderful taste!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 whole chicken breasts, split
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a saucepan combine the margarine, Italian salad dressing, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and crushed garlic. Cook, over medium heat, stirring, until the butter melts.
- Place the chicken in a 12 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the salt and pepper to taste. Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325-degrees for 1 hour or until tender and cooked through.
Made this chicken for dinner tonight. It was very easy to put together and the cooking time/temp was spot on. It turned out very tender and moist. However, DBF and I just didn't care for it. He wanted to rate it a 2.5 and I thought a 2. The flavor just didn't do it for us and I thought it was a little too....tangy(?)
This is an old Southern Living recipe. Very simple and easy. The sauce is quite tasty. I use bone-in, skinless chicken breasts and the meat is always very tender and flavorful. Glad to see it posted here. Thanks.