Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is the easiest side dish - ever! This is very pretty, and can be made ahead of time.
- 1 bunch asparagus, tough ends removed and blanched
- garlic (either fresh or powdered if in a hurry, I use A LOT)
- Italian dressing, to cover
- cracked black pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes (if you don't like spicy, leave out)
- kosher salt
- roasted red pepper, sliced
- parmesan cheese
- Blanch asparagus and plunge in cold water to stop cooking.
- Dry asparagus.
- Put on attractive platter and top with red pepper (or store in Tupperware until ready to use).
- Whisk together all remaining ingredients and drizzle all over top of peppers and asparagus.
- Can serve chilled or room temperature.
It was a great change to my typical aspargus dish. Great taste and went very well with our steak!
I was looking for a new way to fix asparagus and came across this recipe. This has become a family favorite-we can't have it too often! The only changes are that I make it into more of a salad by breaking the asparagus into small (approx. 1") pieces and dicing the roasted red peppers. I use all the same ingredients, with a homemade Italian dressing. We use lots of garlic (I used dried minced), too, and fresh-grated parmesan gives it a wonderful flavor. Thanks for posting!