Recipe by luvinmykids
I wanted to come up with an easy-to-remember pancake recipe that everyone enjoyed. They make great small or large pancakes and are great with butter and syrup.
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs. To make buttermilk, add 2 tablespoons vinegar to a 2-cup measuring cup and fill the rest of the way with milk. Let set for about 5-10 minutes before adding to other ingredients. Add milk and oil and beat until frothy.
- Preheat lightly oiled griddle to 300°.
- Combine flour and sugar with egg mixture. Mix well.
- When griddle is hot, pour by 1/3 cupfuls and let cook until bubbles come to surface and break. Flip and let cook another 1 1/2-2 minutes.
- Serve with butter and syrup.