Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
Shrimp with an Island Twist
- 8 king & prince golden supreme hand breaded shrimp
- 1 small acorn squash, cut in 1/2
- 1 ounce raw potatoes (julienne) or 1 ounce matchstick potato
- 2 lime wedges
- 1 green onion
- 1⁄2 cup small diced mango
- 1⁄2 cup small diced green apple
- 1⁄8 cup small diced red onion
- 1⁄8 cup small diced red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon small diced jalapeno pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- white pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- alfalfa sprout
- Cook shrimp per label directions just prior to serving.
- Apple Mango Salsa: Mix vegetable oil, orange juice, rice vinegar, salt & pepper together. Add diced vegetables and apples. Add a dash of cayenne pepper. Mix well. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Presentation: Cut acorn squash in half; scoop out seeds. Put in microwave for 3 minutes. Cool. Fill with apple mango salsa. Set on large serving plate. Arrange shrimp on plate. Fry matchstick potatoes; put on plate and garnish with lime and green onions.
- Source: www.eatshrimp.com.