Prep 1 min
Cook 2 mins
After trying all the different porridge combinations from the British leg of ZWT III. I thought I would create my own for the Caribbean leg. This is quite sweet so no additional sweetner is needed. If you don't want it too sweet, use half juice, half water for cooking. For the toasted coconut I put this under the grill (broiler) as I put the porridge in the microwave and they were both ready at the same time.
- 1⁄3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2⁄3 cup pineapple juice (or 1/3 cup juice & 1/3 cup water)
- 1⁄4 cup dried pineapple
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coconut essence
- toasted coconut, to serve
- milk, to serve
- Combine oats, juice, pineapple pieces & coconut essence in a bowl.
- Microwave for 1 minute and give it a stir.
- Microwave for a further minute.
- Serve with milk & toasted coconut.
I modified this recipe a bit. I used crushed pineapple in juice instead of dried pineapple and juice. Also, I omitted the shredded coconut, but added some cottage cheese. The combination of pineapple & coconut (extract) was so delicious, and I will definitely make this again!
This certainly was quick and easy this morning before I dashed out the door! Will definetly make again.
Oh my, this is fabulous. I'll be making this so much, I'm going to use up my currently almost-full bottle of coconut extract really, really fast!