Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I saw this recipe on the TV show Man vs. Food. It is served at a baseball stadium up north.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- salt & pepper
- 6 slices bacon, cut in half
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 glazed doughnuts, sliced in half
- Mix the beef, Worcestershire, & spices together. Shape into 4 patties.
- Grill the patties on the stove-top or grill until no longer pink inside.
- Meanwhile, bake the bacon in a preheated oven (400F) for 10-12 minutes.
- When the patties are almost done take the donuts & place them glazed sized up on the grill or hot pan. Cook until slightly crunchy.
- Layer a patty on one half of the donut (glaze side up), 3 slices of bacon then cheese. Top with another donut glaze side down.
- Note: The glazed part of the donut should be touching the burger.
Since this is a donut bun, I decided to use 'Honey Buns' lol. (same as donuts). Made as directed. I wasn't sure how the buns would do toasting them, but done in the skillet with a spray of butter they toasted up very nice. I loved it plain 'as is'... while Buddha said his 'popped' when he added mustard and ketchup. Very unique recipe. NOTE: You really need to eat them with a fork and knife unless there was a wrapper around them, I don't think they would hold up well as the donut is very fragile and sticky. Great recipe, thanks for sharing. :)