Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Heloise's column. This starts with a chocolate cake mix so it is very simple.
- 1 (18 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted, about 1 lb
- Put dry cake mix in a large bowl and add the undiluted tomato soup and only the ingredients listed above. Mix and bake according to cake mix directions.
- While that is baking, make the frosting by beating the cream cheese, butter and vanilla in a bowl on medium speed.
- Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of sugar at a time, beating until smooth.
- Frost the cooled cake and enjoy!
Adding the soda to the can of soup before adding it should stop it being such a strong taste...
I tried this cake, It was allright, like chef742737 said, you can taste the tomato soup, If you like your tomato soup cake, try my grandmas, its simply devine! I have it posted in my recipies!
this cake was moist but you could taste the tomato soup in it