Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
For babies and adults alike suffering from rash and itchies. Calms and soothes. This recipe came to me from a skin care instructor suffering from keratosis pilaris aka those tiny bumps on the upper arms you get in the cold months.
- Use blender on highest setting to pulverize oats for 2 minutes.
- Add oats to glass dish or measuring cup.
- Add 2 drops of lavender essential oil.
- Add hot water to make a loose paste.
- Let sit 1 minute.
- Add to bath water and mix well into bath.
- Add baby and bathe.
- For a larger, adult sized tub use a full cup of oats and 6 drops of lavender essential oil.
- No need to rinse.
- Finish with a moisturizer.
- Add a few drops of lavender to it as well. Nighty-nite.
This is a sound recipe...but, the only thing I would like to mention is to watch how much essential oil you give to chidren. They absorb it alot faster than adults. If this is going to be used for adults, you can go up to 10 drops quite successfully. The second thing would be to add the essential oil after the hot water has cooled down somewhat. Essential oils are heat sensitive, so if you are wanting the healing properties of the Lavender, you should add it at the end.