Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Home Cooking mag March/April 2005.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Remove from heat and add sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, eggs and vanilla. Stir until well blended and smooth.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips; add the nuts, if desired. Spread in prepared pan. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes. Do not overbake. Cool on wire rack. Cut into 2 inch squares.