1/1 Photo of Iron Chef Winner's Japanese-Style Hamburgers
Sue Lau's Note:
A recipe from Katsuyo Kobayashi and her book "Quick and Easy Japanese Cookbook". She defeated Iron Chef Chen Kenichi on the popular Food Network t.v. show "Iron Chef". Kobayashi-san claims she can make anyone into an Iron Chef! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mixing bowl, season ground beef to taste with salt and pepper.
- 2Heat a small amount of oil in saute pan and cook onion until tender.
- 3In a small bowl, beat egg lightly; add milk, mixing well.
- 4Stir in breadcrumbs and allow to rest.
- 5Add onions and breadcrumbs to ground beef, working ingredients together with your hands.
- 6Divide meat into fourths, and make a patty; toss back and forth to force air out.
- 7Shape into burger shape.
- 8Heat small amount of oil in skillet and cook burgers; cover pan, and simmer on medium-high heat until burgers cook done; then remove lid, reduce heat to medium, and cook till water disappears.
- 9Remove from pan.
- 10Add 2/3 cup water, ketchup, sake, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, and butter to pan; bring to boil.
- 11Simmer till thickened.
- 12Spoon sauce over burgers on plate.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Iron Chef Winner's Japanese-Style Hamburgers
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 400.9
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 129.2 mg
- Sodium 1059.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 24.7 g