Prep 40 mins
Cook 40 mins
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Corned Beef & cabbage & mashed potatoes all in one glorious casserole. This makes any day a tribute to St. Patrick & the Irish!! (and aren't we all a little Irish at least once a year)
- 1 lb corned beef, leftover or 1 lb deli corned beef, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 fresh cabbage, thinly shredded
- 1 medium onion, sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cut into thin strips
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns
- 8 ounces irish cheddar cheese or 8 ounces any aged cheddar cheese, shredded
- Brown thin strips of bacon in large skillet til golden & crispy. Remove bacon to paper towel lined plate.
- In the same skillet saute the onion until it begins to soften and then add the cabbage & cook until the cabbage is tender but not mushy.
- Stir cabbage & onion, corned beef & bacon into Simply Potatoes shredded hash brown potatoes & place all in a 9 x 13 casserole dish. Top with the shredded cheese & bake in 350 degree over for 30-45 minutes until cheese is melted & bubbly and everything is hot.