Recipe by Chef lilmotsmom
I used to get these in the bakery on St. Patrick's Day when I was a kid. These old fashioned candies can also be dipped in chocolate for Easter. Everybody who has ever tried these has raved over them.
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 2 (8 ounce) boxes confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon evaporated milk
- 7 ounces flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- combine the 1st 5 ingredients until well mixed. (use your hands. I have broken too many spoons on this).
- Shape into 1 inch balls
- Roll in Cinnamon.
- Options I have tried.
- omit cinnamon and dip in melted dark chocolate.
- omit cinnamon add 1/2 C chopped dried apricots and dip in melted white chocolate.