Recipe by ~~Di~Lo~~
This is a lovely recipe from my Irish cookbook. It's a very nice sauce to spoon over tarts, cake, ice cream or any compatible dessert. It calls for Irish Cream Liqueur.
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate (one square)
- 2 cups whipping cream, heavy
- 2 tablespoons irish cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the cornstarch and water to a boil, whisking constantly. Reduce heat and simmer for another 2 - 3 minutes or until smooth.
- Stir in the sugar and chocolate. Cook for another 2 - 3 minutes until the chocolate is melted and sauce is smooth.
- Whisk in the cream and liqueur.
- Cook another 2 - 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve hot.