Recipe by Bergy
One of the favorite Irish ways to serve potatoes. For a change try adding any of these:Leeks, nettles, peas, or brown crispy onions. Instead of the green onions I added frozen peas after mashing the potatoes with the hot milk and then kept the potatoes hot Looked and tasted great
Top Review by Derf
Good mashed potatoes, Bergy! They went well with the Irish pork dish we did for St. Pat's day. The recipe was easily halved for two, I did add a dash of cayenne instead of regular pepper. Thanks for sharing a good one.
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop the green onions (white& green tops) and mix with the cold milk.
- bring slowly to a boil and simmer 3-4 minutes, turn off the heat and leave to infuse.
- Peel and mash the cooked potatoesand while still hot mix with the boiled milk& green onions.
- Beat in some of the butter.
- Season with salt& pepper.
- Put a knob of butter on top& serve.
- You can do this recipe ahead and reheat in a 350F oven, covered with foil until hot (apprx 30 minutes).