1/4 Photos of Irish Carrot & Parsnip Mash
This dish is still widely made in Ireland - it is sometimes called "Green, white and Gold" or "Sunshine". Lovely flavor combination with the carrots and parsnips
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil the carrots in a little lightly salted water with a pinch of sugar in it, until soft and drain.
- 2Boil the parsnips separately in lightly salted water until soft and drain.
- 3Marsh or puree them together.
- 4Add the butter (less or more as you wish).
- 5Season and sprinkle with the parsley. Serve.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Irish Carrot & Parsnip Mash
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 139.3
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 100.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 1.7 g