Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This dish is still widely made in Ireland - it is sometimes called "Green, white and Gold" or "Sunshine". Lovely flavor combination with the carrots and parsnips
- Boil the carrots in a little lightly salted water with a pinch of sugar in it, until soft and drain.
- Boil the parsnips separately in lightly salted water until soft and drain.
- Marsh or puree them together.
- Add the butter (less or more as you wish).
- Season and sprinkle with the parsley. Serve.
Thanks for reminding me of an old family favourite that my mum often made. My youngest son had never eaten it , and really enjoyed it. It's a lovely winter veg, so sweet and tasty.
This has been a family favourite of ours too! It is sooooooooo YUMMY!! I am raing this recipe high because I make this dish myself, though I've never added the parsley - I think I might from now on!! If you've never tried it before....I strongly recommend you give it a go! Karin.
Had this for our St. Patricks Day cook a thon, its a recipe I have used for years, and a family favourite. Well except for my non eating vegetable son..lol..still delicious!