Recipe by Bergy
This dish is still widely made in Ireland - it is sometimes called "Green, white and Gold" or "Sunshine". Lovely flavor combination with the carrots and parsnips
Top Review by JustJanS
Thanks for reminding me of an old family favourite that my mum often made. My youngest son had never eaten it , and really enjoyed it. It's a lovely winter veg, so sweet and tasty.
- 8 ounces carrots, peeled, cut into 1/4 slices
- 1 pinch sugar
- 12 ounces parsnips, peeled and cut into 1/4 slices
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dried parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the carrots in a little lightly salted water with a pinch of sugar in it, until soft and drain.
- Boil the parsnips separately in lightly salted water until soft and drain.
- Marsh or puree them together.
- Add the butter (less or more as you wish).
- Season and sprinkle with the parsley. Serve.