This cheeseburger pizza recipe tastes like cheeseburgers and it is all due to the sauce. If you are not a thousand island and/or ketchup person this pizza is not for you. The pickles make the pizza really authentic but they can be left off if you want less cheeseburger flavor. The American and Cheddar mix again is part of the flavor combo but a cheddar and mozzerella mix can be used if need be. I think there are a lot of cheese burger pizza recipes out there but this one was so so striking. I got it from Iowa Girl Eats. It is easy to prepare and even double it to make two pizzas and is delicious to eat. Cooking time is a range depending on dough. Enjoy! ChefDLH
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb lean ground beef
- salt, pepper, onion powder to taste
- 1 pizza crust (homemade or store bought)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons thousand island dressing
- 1/2 cup dill pickle, chopped
- 2 cups american and cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, seeded & chopped
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Sauté ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat, seasoning generously with salt, pepper and onion powder. When the meat is no longer pink, drain and return to the skillet.
- 3Spray a pizza pan with non-stick spray, then stretch the dough on top. Mix ketchup and Thousand Island dressing together, then spread on top. Add layers of cooked ground beef, pickles and cheese.
- 4Bake pizza according to the dough’s package directions or recipe directions.
- 5When pizza is fully cooked, top with tomatoes, onion and shredded lettuce.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Iowa Girl Cheeseburger Pizza With Secret Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 457.3
- Calories from Fat 272
- Total Fat 30.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 116.6 mg
- Sodium 975.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 32.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: