Recipe by ChefDLH
This cheeseburger pizza recipe tastes like cheeseburgers and it is all due to the sauce. If you are not a thousand island and/or ketchup person this pizza is not for you. The pickles make the pizza really authentic but they can be left off if you want less cheeseburger flavor. The American and Cheddar mix again is part of the flavor combo but a cheddar and mozzerella mix can be used if need be. I think there are a lot of cheese burger pizza recipes out there but this one was so so striking. I got it from Iowa Girl Eats. It is easy to prepare and even double it to make two pizzas and is delicious to eat. Cooking time is a range depending on dough. Enjoy! ChefDLH
Top Review by Chef Paula #4
OMG! This was Awesome-It tastes like a Big Mac on a pizza crust! Followed recipe exactly using my own homemade crust and everyone loved it. The only thing I will do different next time is make more sauce because i like things really saucy. It was also great warmed up for lunch the next day!
- 3⁄4 lb lean ground beef
- salt, pepper, onion powder to taste
- 1 pizza crust (homemade or store bought)
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons thousand island dressing
- 1⁄2 cup dill pickle, chopped
- 2 cups american and cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, seeded & chopped
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sauté ground beef in a skillet over medium-high heat, seasoning generously with salt, pepper and onion powder. When the meat is no longer pink, drain and return to the skillet.
- Spray a pizza pan with non-stick spray, then stretch the dough on top. Mix ketchup and Thousand Island dressing together, then spread on top. Add layers of cooked ground beef, pickles and cheese.
- Bake pizza according to the dough’s package directions or recipe directions.
- When pizza is fully cooked, top with tomatoes, onion and shredded lettuce.