I don't know why these are called Iowa brownies; my sister-in-law gave me this recipe and she lives in Ohio!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) can hershey chocolate syrup
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts
CHOCOLATE CHIP FROSTING
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cream together the butter and sugar'til fluffy.
- 3Beat in chocolate syrup, then eggs 1 at a time.
- 4Beat in flour gradually.
- 5Fold in nuts.
- 6Pour onto a grased 10x15" baking pan.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- 8Cool completely- frost with CHOCOLATE CHIP FROSTING.
- 9In a saucepan, combine butter, sugar, and evap.
- 11Bring to a boil and let boil for 2 minutes.
- 12Stir in choc.
- 13chips and take off stove; let sit for 2 minutes to melt chips- don't stir during this time or frosting will be grainy.
- 14After 2 minutes, stir well.
- 15Frost brownies while icing is warm; cool completely and cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Iowa Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (1857 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.0
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 57.4 mg
- Sodium 176.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 29.4 g
- Protein 4.0 g