Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a very easy recipe to make an awesome loaf of potato bread using your bread machine with a twist: This recipe uses Betty Crocker instant sweet potato flakes instead of the traditional instant mashed potato flakes and is incredibly addictive and delicious.
- 1 2⁄3 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons margarine or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup betty crocker sweet potato instant potato flakes
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- Measuring carefully, place all ingredients, in the order listed, into your bread machine pan.
- Program your machine to the basic cycle and desired crust setting (medium is recommended), and 1-1/2 pound loaf size. Press start.
- When complete, remove the bread pan from the bread machine and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Use a spatula to separate the top edges of the crust from attaching to the bread pan.
- Remove the bread loaf from the pan and let cool for an additional 15 minutes before serving.
- Serving Suggestions:You can serve the bread with a delicious homemade herb butter. To make, combine 1/2 cup softened butter and 1 tablespoon of your favorite chopped fresh herbs in a small bowl.