Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
Instant soup mix perfect for the college-bound student who can't cook in the dormroom. My daughter goes through this stuff like crazy! All you need is boiling water & a big mug. Keep in a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid & it lasts for months. Makes a great gift too!
- 1 3⁄4 cups instant mashed potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry milk
- 2 tablespoons instant chicken bouillon
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- Combine all ingrediants in a bowl and mix. Place in a 1 quart canning jar to store.
- Directions to attach to jar:.
- Shake well before using.
- To serve: place 1/2°C soup mix in a large bowl or mug and add 1°C boiling water.
- Stir until smooth.
I agree that this is good but even with taking the other review into consideration when putting this together a bit on the salty side. I used Tony Chachere's instead of seasoning salt. I think a low sodium chicken bouillon would solve the problem. Quick to put together.
This is good, but definitely on the salty side. I will make this again, but plan on decreasing the amount of salt. The instant chicken bouillon is plenty salty on its own.