Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
instant real garlic whenever you need it
- roast your garlics in a dish with a covering of olive oil.
- let them cool.
- press out all the garlics and mash them until smooth.
- make into a fat sausage shape and wrap in baking parchment.
- wrap up tight in a plastic bag.
- you can then cut off, with a sharp knife whatever you need and use it as you wish.
My local store had garlic bulbs on sale for #.10 each and I bought 25 heads and made this recipe. Put each roll in colored plastic wrap and gave it as a favor at my Easter dinner. Everyone loved it! Thanks.
Thanks for the idea!!! The only change I made was instead of making rolls, I frozen the garlic in trays meant for making ice cubes for sports drink bottles. Each cube = 1.5 cloves garlic. Excellent recipe. Thank you!!!
I have tried numerous gadgets and methods for handling fresh garlic and had finally given up and started buying the minced in a jar. Never again!! This is incredible and sort of fun, too. Thanks so much for posting, ann teapot.